Getting to know Dan Jones
- Since when do you make art?
I've been drawing on and off for the last 3 years, but started designing for t shirts about a year ago, inspired by some of the amazing art I've seen on shirts.
- Did you ever wanted to have another profession?
I actually used to work as a lawyer - my position was made redundant earlier this year and I've been spending some of the free time to invest in improving my artistic abilities while looking for another job. That is, unless I can make things work as a full time designer!
- What type of inspiration do you need to work?
Usually I have more ideas to work up than I have time to do them - so far I fortunately haven't struggled with any creative block. I spend a fair bit of time with friends and family, watching movies and so on which helps ideas to pop into my head - then it's just spending time with a pencil and sketch pad trying to work out how best to bring a design to life.
- Do you have other artistic skills?
I draw and write a comic on my website which keeps me entertained and forces me to keep drawing, and I also love break-dancing, though my skills are pretty limited! I'd love to be able to play an instrument, but could never put the time into practising.
- What would you do if you were a millionaire?
Tricky.. I think I'd have to give a fair chunk of it away to stop it going to my head!
- If you could change something in the world, what would it be?
These are getting more serious! End child slavery?
- What makes you smile every time?
Really good comedy - Futurama and 30 Rock, to name a couple.
- What would be your last meal?
A huge plate of barbecue ribs.